Help!!!Now she's bringing rabbits.....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lorihadams, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I am glad you stood up to your MIL. With that said, your storey made me laugh. I guess we all have MIL stories to tell. Some worse than others.

Good luck. I have been thinking about getting a rabbit.

2. lorihadams

lorihadams Songster

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I have to say that the rabbits are growing on me....we can't ever go on vacation again for more than 2 days but hey, vacations are overrated anyway!

Once our newest litter of labs are born we are housebound anyway but that will be Thanksgiving and I hate traveling during the holidays anyway, this year everyone comes to my house!

Lori

3. Maidservant

Maidservant Songster

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Who needs a vacation when you have bunnies and chickens to watch and play with?!

If all else fails, put a litter box in the rabbit hutch if one will fit. Most rabbits will go straight to one without being taught. Then, when you go on vacation, bring the little buggers with you! I have sugar gliders and I have to take them with me if I go anywhere for more than 2 nights. My mom helps care for them that long, but over that, I'm on my own. Unfortunatly I don't think that a hotel room would appreciate having all 15 of my rabbits and two to four sugar gliders in one room!

Emily in NC

4. Badhbh

Badhbh Songster

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    2 girls and a boy?
    Um... uh oh. Better seperate them PDQ unless you want to be overrun with wabbits.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: