HELP! Oak Creek, WI for Backyard Chickens!

I live in Oak Creek, WI and want to start having chickens. With the cost of food going up I have been trying to grow a lot of my own fruits and vegetables and now want to add having live chickens. People need to become more self sufficient.

My husband and I would love to be able to raise chickens in the city of Oak Creek, WI. Currently this is not allowed. Any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling to get it approved for Oak Creek? I've tried emailing my alderman and the Mayor. Please help!!
I live in Oak Creek too. I want backyard birds as well. I emailed my alderman who replied to my email last week. He said they are revisiting the situation because other residents inquired and he would let me know in a couple weeks.

I, for one, would like to connect up with other residents in Oak Creek and maybe get more people on our side. Have you talked to your next door neighbors about the possibility of you having chickens? I plan on asking mine. If they say they don't mind, then they can be on our side too.

A friend of mine already said she'd buy eggs from me if I got chickens. And that's not even a neighbor!

My email is [email protected]. Please feel free to email me. Maybe we could meet up in person and form a group.

Back
Top Bottom