1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help on quail Mojo

Discussion in 'Quail' started by rosco, Jun 14, 2011.

1. rosco

rosco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Texas Panhandle
    one pheasant lives about about 50 pheasants have been saved for breeding (many were A&M cortunix or weak ones that crowed so i culled them). i want to increase this stock fast and maximize number of females.

to minimize the number of brooders i'd like to combine age groups. meaning four week old with six week old. or, in the future, combine six week with eight week. can i do this? or will the older ones tear up the younger ones?

what is the max number i can have in a 2'x6' breeding pen?

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Its A Bad Idea To Mix Ages/ Sizes Until All Are Full Grown

3. rosco

rosco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Texas Panhandle
    Quote:Thanks JJ. is full grown at six weeks? these are cortunix. first batch is a lot of mutts (A&M, speckled, regular pharoah, some sort of mutt Tux, etc.). the second and third batches are regular black cortunix pharoah type.....

how tall does my second brooder need to be? the lxw is 2'x6'. i'll probably section it off in the middle, but not sure if i need to (do i?).

Thanks All!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by