HELP! ONE PIP! ALL others were wiggling yesterday-now no movement!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blessedmomto7, Apr 10, 2009.

1. blessedmomto7

blessedmomto7 New Egg

Apr 9, 2009
    K- I have ond pip this morning at the end of day 21. All eggs were wiggling yesterday-now NO MOVEMENT. The lid was taken off the incubator for about 10 seconds last night. COULD THEY ALL HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF THIS? My 6 little kids are all waiting for SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. Someone-anyone...ADVICE??

2. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    It can take 24 hrs or more for them to hatch, don't worry they rest while hatching, it's hard work. [​IMG]

3. roosty

roosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    If its only day 21, they could still hatch later. If your temps were a little low it could be longer than 21 days. Just be patient and wait. [​IMG] Opening the bator for 10 secs. Im sure did not kill them all. What is the humidity?

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Well opening the bator sure didnt do them any favors, but I dont think they're all dead. If your humidity is good, they should still hatch. Just be patient. Mine stopped moving to. If you just now got a pip, I wouldnt expect any chicks until tonight or tomorrow.

5. blessedmomto7

blessedmomto7 New Egg

Apr 9, 2009
    ANOTHER PIP!! I BIG ONE! I must stay CALM. BREATHE IN...BREATHE OUT!!

6. my1stchicks

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Come on fuzzy butts [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Good luck!! My chickies always hatch a day early, this batch hatched right on day 21, they were stressing me because they were "late" (for me). LOL. But I have 14 hatched now, and still a few pipping and zipping on day 22.

YHoping the best for you. Sit on those hands and do NOT open the bator anymore for any reason!

8. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    You absolutely must keep the bator closed-- any time you open it will delay things further.

They're probably now resting and absorbing the yolk-- there's often very little or no movement or noise while this is happening.

Be patient!!

9. my1stchicks

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    [​IMG]

10. blessedmomto7

blessedmomto7 New Egg

Apr 9, 2009
    HAD OUR FIRST CHICKIE at 11:31pm! YAY-the rest are pipping too! Boy they are LOUD LITTLE SUCKERS! Didn't know one chick could make so much noise!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by