HELP! ONE PIP! ALL others were wiggling yesterday-now no movement!

blessedmomto7

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
K- I have ond pip this morning at the end of day 21. All eggs were wiggling yesterday-now NO MOVEMENT. The lid was taken off the incubator for about 10 seconds last night. COULD THEY ALL HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF THIS? My 6 little kids are all waiting for SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. Someone-anyone...ADVICE??

It can take 24 hrs or more for them to hatch, don't worry they rest while hatching, it's hard work.
big_smile.png

If its only day 21, they could still hatch later. If your temps were a little low it could be longer than 21 days. Just be patient and wait.
smile.png
Opening the bator for 10 secs. Im sure did not kill them all. What is the humidity?

Well opening the bator sure didnt do them any favors, but I dont think they're all dead. If your humidity is good, they should still hatch. Just be patient. Mine stopped moving to. If you just now got a pip, I wouldnt expect any chicks until tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck!! My chickies always hatch a day early, this batch hatched right on day 21, they were stressing me because they were "late" (for me). LOL. But I have 14 hatched now, and still a few pipping and zipping on day 22.

YHoping the best for you. Sit on those hands and do NOT open the bator anymore for any reason!

You absolutely must keep the bator closed-- any time you open it will delay things further.

They're probably now resting and absorbing the yolk-- there's often very little or no movement or noise while this is happening.

Be patient!!

HAD OUR FIRST CHICKIE at 11:31pm! YAY-the rest are pipping too! Boy they are LOUD LITTLE SUCKERS! Didn't know one chick could make so much noise!

Back
Top Bottom