Help... our furnace is in the garage will the chick dust harm it?

Ive wondered about that too. My chicks made an UNBELIEVABLE amount of dust. When our chicks are all out to the barn we will be having the room professionally cleaned and will be changing all of the filters on the furnace/ac. The dust didn't stay in the room like I had hoped... it went all over the whole house (courtesy of central air).

I've heard chicks make alot of dust but I didnt have that problem. What kind of bedding do you use? I decided to go with sand,not sure if that made a difference, it is easy to sift and clean out the poop. Plus once sifted the poop is ready for the garden.

Maybe it is the central air, we used sand and some shavings. The dust is unbearable with 26 chicks. They are now moved into the garage. A friend of mine told me that it is not a problem with the furnace with them being in the garage. Just about have my den dust free, now for the rest of the house. I will never put chicks back in my house, well at least not 26! The chicken math may strike again but never 26 at one time!

I also have a furnace (Natural gas) in the garage. I have raised chicks in the garage twice and getting ready to do it again in 3 weeks, I did not have any problems with the furnace. In fact, I had a repairman check the heating and cooling systems as preventative maintenance a couple of weeks ago. He said the furnace looked very good and it was not dirty.

I also have a furnace (Natural gas) in the garage. I have raised chicks in the garage twice and getting ready to do it again in 3 weeks, I did not have any problems with the furnace. In fact, I had a repairman check the heating and cooling systems as preventative maintenance a couple of weeks ago. He said the furnace looked very good and it was not dirty.

Thank you for the reassurance! That is what I needed to hear.

Back
Top Bottom