Help overheated eggs

Mnbvcxz

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2022
Help, this is my first time trying to hatch eggs, ive got 2 incubators and 1 has over heated my eggs,
it was fine for the 6 hrs i was there, but when I came back they were hot, it's the first day of incubation,
should I just throw them out or try to keep them, would they already have been deformed even if it's first day or... I've got them just wrapped in sheepskin, the temperature should be fine to hatch without an incubator if I were to leave them but would it cause issues if they were to of somehow survived and be able hatch?
I know chances of them surviving practically being cooked in low but maybe since it was the first day there's a chance?
I don't know how long they have been like it but I was gone for about 7 hrs so it could be long and I don't know what heat it got too as it completely messed up but they were super hot, like the bottom of the plate of the food you just took out the microwave the for kind of a rough guess..

Last edited:
The two questions are how hot was the incubator and for how long. Air temperature isn't what's important, what temperature were they where the embryo is located on the side of the yolk is what would kill them. You don't know how long, could be as much as seven hours. You probably don't know air temperature either. If the temperature was above 103 Fahrenheit (39.4 C) at the embryo then the embryo is dead. Some can survive 102 F (38.8 C) but some probably would not. 101 F (38.3 C) should be OK. You can see what thin margins you are working with.

As hot as you said they were to the touch, I would toss them. I don't think they have a chance. Maybe boil t hem and feed them back to the flock or your dog.

Back
Top Bottom