1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help parents feeding...

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by cochinGurl, Feb 11, 2012.

1. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    Hello, i have a pair of pigeons (serbian highflyer, and Arabian Roller) and they have eggs due to hatch any day now. I really want to have them be tame when they get older, and i have heard people say that if you feed them yourself in addition to the parents feeding them (if say, you notice their crop is empty) will make them friendlier. I got some Kaytee bird feeding formula and I know how to feed the babys. Has anyone heard of this working, and do you think I can get away with it? the parents are very friendly, and dont mind me getting in the way. thanks for reading this, -Cochingurl

2. larrylofts

larrylofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    LOTT TX
    hand feeding will make the young very friendly . but you can handle the young will in the nest and make them friendy. if the young are not getting enonugh feed is the only time i would try to supplement if parents are raiseing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by