HELP pecking order

Yuki

Songster
5 Years
Sep 13, 2017
One of my hens keeps relentlessly pecking the others at night. She won't do it to me. If u tap here she will bite and if u do so again harder she will do it harder. What is going on. She is the look out for my flock. I know that it's dark out but why does she do it till they bleed. I have 2 5 year old hens with her. Note she Is a guinea hen. She is submissive to Me and she is 3. I've tried everything scolding her separating her at night. But when I had separated her one of the times she was attacked by a possum and couldn't get out. I know it's dark out but really. I'm imprinted to her as her mother. During the day she is possessive of me she will body literally body slam the hens chase and if u even try to introduce someone new she full blown try to attack. I'm at my wits end right now. I'm not t getting rid of her either. Please someone explain what is going on.

Can you just put a little divider between her and the girls she's pecking at night? She's in with chicken hens or hens of her own kind?
There is a nesting box divider between them sheis with chicken hens I love her to pieces I can't get another one of her kind because of our neighbors

Have the guinea and the 2 chickens lived together for a long time?
Do they free range all day with no problems?
How big is your coop, in feet by feet?
Dimensions, and pics of roosts, would help here.

IMG_5470.JPG
Okay the coop its huge they roam inn ten by ten dog kenelling she has lived with them since shewas a chick this is an old image I have we expanded another kennel to the right but the left side only has 3 hens

During the winter its inside but the nesting boxis 2 by 4 ft they kenelling is 10 by square feet they can't free range is it really that tiny ?

Back
Top Bottom