Help!!! Pip Hole on the Bottom!

BekkiH

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 2, 2012
Three of my eggs have pipped. Two on the top, and one on the bottom. I can see the little tiny bit of shell moving rapidly, as if to see the chick breathing. But the hole is on the bottom of the egg, pretty close to touching the bottom of the incubator.

Should I still leave it alone? Or should I turn the egg over?

What are the eggs in (turner, carton, the bottom of the 'bator)? Also, when you say it's pipped on the bottom, do you mean it's on the wide end of the eggs or the skinnier end?

What are the eggs in (turner, carton, the bottom of the 'bator)? Also, when you say it's pipped on the bottom, do you mean it's on the wide end of the eggs or the skinnier end?
It's on the wide end of the egg. Egg is laying on its side in a Brisnea Mini Advance. I took the turner out on Day 18, today is Day 20.

It looks exactly like the other two pipped eggs (which are all correct), but as if someone had taken it and rolled it on the other side of the egg.

I hear a lot of peeping coming from that egg, and see pushing on the shell when it peeps. I can't tell if it's just working, or really struggling. :(

It's the brown egg on the right. If you look along the bottom, you can see the little pip hole.

Oh, okay, I see. I'm pretty sure it's fine, but if you're really worried, just open the 'bator real fast and flip the egg over carefully.

Back
Top Bottom