HELP!! Pipping already at day 18?!

No, only had the 2 hatch. But I have 2 eggs in the incy I'm hanging out on. Saw them rocking yesterday. They 'passed' the float test but didn't see movement until after I put them back in the incy. Being day 24 now, I'm not hopeful.

My day 18 hatcher died yesterday. That left me with a lone little one we named Moet. I have just picked up these new day olds! Meet Chandon, Dom Perignon, Bollinger, Lanson & Louis de Sacy!
Thankyou to all who offered advice and support xx

Oh no, I am sorry your wee one died :( glad you got some friends for your lone chick. Hopefully the ones in the incubator will do their thing, it's a great sign that you are seeing movement.

They didn't hatch. On eggtopsy the chicks were fully formed, the veins on the inner membrane turned brown and the fluid surrounding the chicks in that membrane was the colour of maple syrup. Yolk was nearly gone but the chicks were 'stiff'. They hadn't moved for 24hrs or more and failed the float test before I cracked them. Putting my losses down to my incubator. It's a cheap fan forced one. I think it had to many cool and hot spots.

Back
Top Bottom