Help please! 9 Week old BO chicken sick...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by samandemsmommy, Sep 17, 2014.

1. samandemsmommy

samandemsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    She's 9 weeks old. She is the smallest of the group and also gets bullied. She keeps her neck tucked in- have noticed that for a few weeks now. She seems very tired and sleepy alot. Last night we brought her inside to make sure she is getting food and water- she ate and drank- had normal looking poop with white top- not runny. Today we put her back outside and she just kinda falls over. :( Not sure what is wrong. Can someone help?

2. samandemsmommy

Jul 14, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    [​IMG]
    She seems to kinda stand there and will close her eyes, or just look like she's "squinty" and like she's gonna fall asleep.

3. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
  4. samandemsmommy

Jul 14, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    Thank you. It sounds like that may be what she has- I will run to TSC and get some Corid this evening to treat them all. Hopefully she survives. :(

5. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Also was there a temp difference when you moved her? Never had to deal with coccsidiosis myself. I would go ahead & isolate her during treatment of the entire flock just because you said they were bulling her. Maybe put her in a dog crate within the coop. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by