Help please. Blood!

Videos have to be uploaded ro YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here. I would suspect one or more of your hens or rooster is cannibalizing (vent pecking) your chicken. Sometimes a hen will have a little of the cloaca to prolapse, and when a chicken sees red, they will peck at it. But sometimes chickens peck at vents or feathersif they are overcrowded, not getting enough protein, or boredom from not getting outside to free range. You need to watch them to find out what is happening. Do you see any chickens with blood on their beaks? Cameras in the coop are good.

Haven’t seen blood on their beaks. I’m so worried. There are now 4 of them... I want to upload videos. I don’t know how to upload to YouTube... does Vimeo charge to use it that way? They are short videos... wish I could post them

This is crazy! Maybe take a look at which hens DON'T have the bloody vents to narrow down who might be causing this. I am so sorry! I would be very nervous about infection, and I certainly wouldn't want your hens being subjected to further injury by placing them back with the offender.

How many birds do you have? I agree cameras would be good if you can't go out and watch them for a spell. I really am sorry you are having to deal with this....

Haven’t seen blood on their beaks. I’m so worried. There are now 4 of them... I want to upload videos. I don’t know how to upload to YouTube... does Vimeo charge to use it that way? They are short videos... wish I could post them
YouTube is actually easier than I thought. It's free.

Make an account

Click on your icon/avatar (mine is Chewbacca from Star Wars - you can see it below). It will take you to "Your Library."

Find the icon circled in red below. It's in the upper right corner when you are in "Your Library."
youtube.png

It takes you to this screen, where you can upload videos from your device.
youtube2.png

I know nothing about Vimeo, or I'd offer help there. But I hope this helps.

9 hens and 1 rooster. Nothing like this has ever happened before. They are 9 months old. I just can’t believe that there are 4 of them witt the exact same thing and all SO bloody on the backside. I really wish I had cameras out there!

9 hens and 1 rooster. Nothing like this has ever happened before. They are 9 months old. I just can’t believe that there are 4 of them witt the exact same thing and all SO bloody on the backside. I really wish I had cameras out there!
It's just so... crazy.

You have a cannibal in your flock. Is there some way you can go out and watch them for a spell?

Back
Top Bottom