Help Please!!! Chicken Tractor!!!!

Quote:
Well, my "tractor" is really an A-Frame coop, because I built it with 3/8 inch plywood and 2x4s, so the sucker is too heavy for me to move it. It's permanently there. Which is fine by me, I really wasn't looking for a tractor to move around.
41679_lindacoopdooropen.jpg

I added a window on each side for light and for ventilation in the warmer months.
41679_coopwindowfront.jpg

This is what it looked like under construction at the very beginning.
41679_wholecoop.jpg

It cost me about $300.00 but I bought an inexpensive circular saw at the same time.

As I've since built another, more traditional, coop, and a duck house, and some other projects, the fellas at Lowe's know me by sight. "Whatcha building NOW?" they ask, every time I come in. They're pretty amused by an over-50, chunky old lady building these chicken coops. If I can do it, anybody can do it.

But really, get the Chicken Coops for Dummies book! Don't wing it! (And by it at the BYC store.)

I have a very lt wt tractor that I move every couple of days on 2acres. The chicks love it and it allows them to freerange with all the hawks etc. Just look at my BYC page.
BTW
welcome-byc.gif

Are you thinking about a tractor that they can live in? We have one that is just for daytime use. They move about the yard in it, and we bring them home to the coop at night.
47066_p1010006_4.jpg

I don't remember what we paid for the pvc ,- not a lot.

Mark & Nique :

I made our tractor based on these plans (http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/diy/projects/article/-/5829854/chicken-coop/). I cut costs by using pallet wood for the sides and scrap plywood wherever possible. The only changes I made were adding a window for light in the roosting area and covering the bottom with 1/2 inch wire mesh.

The only change I wish I had done was to make it longer for more range space for the chickens.

Good luck!

U didn't say what city but u can have 4 hens in City limits of Columbia, completely enclosed.​

Back
Top Bottom