Help Please (Duck not standing or walking doesn't seem to have any feeling in legs)

A good duck vet would be ideal. I would still get a fecal test done as soon as possible. I would put a teaspoonof food grade activated charcoal per pint of drinking water for a few days.

A good duck vet would be ideal. I would still get a fecal test done as soon as possible. I would put a teaspoonof food grade activated charcoal per pint of drinking water for a few days.
We don't have a vet close by that deals with ducks (sad I know) today so far he is doing much better with the poop.

Today he has been doing more better he isn't wanting to stay in his bed he will get mad at me and start to craw with his mouth and push his self with his feet so he is starting to get the feeling back in to his legs and feet so we have put his diaper on him and let me move around on the floor and he is more happy now since he is able to do that, I just hope he is able to re-walk again I'm still waiting for my order for the brewers yeast to come in the mail. Does anyone know how much I should give him?

[COLOR=4B0082]Today he has been doing more better he isn't wanting to stay in his bed he will get mad at me and start to craw with his mouth and push his self with his feet so he is starting to get the feeling back in to his legs and feet so we have put his diaper on him and let me move around on the floor and he is more happy now since he is able to do that, I just hope he is able to re-walk again I'm still waiting for my order for the brewers yeast to come in the mail. Does anyone know how much I should give him?[/COLOR]
1 tablespoon per 1 cup of food. I usually eyeball it and it's hard to overdose with it. Sounds like he is doing a bit better. Do you have any poultry vitamins you can give? Nutri Drench is a good one to start with and they sell it at TSC. Also nutritional yeast can be used instead of Brewers yeast and is usually found in the health food sections or specialty stores. Nician tablets can also be used they are with the vitamins. It has to be the plain kind, not no flush or delay released. I believe it's 100-150mg per gallon of water.

1 tablespoon per 1 cup of food. I usually eyeball it and it's hard to overdose with it. Sounds like he is doing a bit better. Do you have any poultry vitamins you can give? Nutri Drench is a good one to start with and they sell it at TSC. Also nutritional yeast can be used instead of Brewers yeast and is usually found in the health food sections or specialty stores. Nician tablets can also be used they are with the vitamins. It has to be the plain kind, not no flush or delay released. I believe it's 100-150mg per gallon of water.
We have picked up some stuff from Atwoods that has the vitamins in it that we put in his drinking water and I have checked our Wal-Mart for the Nician they don't sell them the plan ones so I will have to order those offline do you know if I can give him those and the brewers yeast at the same time?

Glad to read about the improvement!!! Yay!

I have had to be away from the computer for a couple of days. Trying to catch up now.
Yes we have some improvements with him, he is getting made because he isn't still able to walk he hates just laying there he will kick is feet and legs and move with his month but I'm hoping these are good signs that he will be able to walk again very soon.

We have picked up some stuff from Atwoods that has the vitamins in it that we put in his drinking water and I have checked our Wal-Mart for the Nician they don't sell them the plan ones so I will have to order those offline do you know if I can give him those and the brewers yeast at the same time?
One or the other. If you give the brewer's yeast, that should do it, if it's a niacin deficiency. Brewer's yeast also has some other helpful B vitamins.

[COLOR=4B0082]We have picked up some stuff from Atwoods that has the vitamins in it that we put in his drinking water and I have checked our Wal-Mart for the Nician they don't sell them the plan ones so I will have to order those offline do you know if I can give him those and the brewers yeast at the same time?[/COLOR]
Like Amiga said give one or the other. You don't want to overdose him. I was just giving you options till the Brewers yeast arrives. If it is nician deficiency then that should do it and help his legs. It could be something else too but usually ducks with leg problems are due to not enough nician.

Like Amiga said give one or the other. You don't want to overdose him. I was just giving you options till the Brewers yeast arrives. If it is nician deficiency then that should do it and help his legs. It could be something else too but usually ducks with leg problems are due to not enough nician.
Okay! I didn't know if I was able to get him both or just one, We have been giving him some stuff that has the nician in it that we picked up from Atwoods that we put in his water until we get the brewer yest in the mail it should be here sometime this week. And he is kicking his legs and feet where he wasn't doing that about a week ago so we have seen he sure has came along ways.

Back
Top Bottom