Help Please!!! My Chicken Is Sick!!! :(

kjeom50

Hatching
8 Years
May 28, 2011
I bought my first pair of chickens this april. They are Sussex Speckled Bantams. I have one hen and one rooster. They are not my chickens and they were shipping in the post office from Ohio. And they were only in shipping for a day. They are in quarantine in a garage full of cages but they are the only chickens in the garage. They get fresh water and Starter Grower (they have been on it since I got them) everyday. The rooster ISN'T sick and is perfectly healthy. The hen IS sick. She has her mouth wide open gasping for air all the time! There is NOTHING down her throat and she doesn't choke on the food and water when she eats. She ISN'T bleed from her nose or butt. There isn't any snot from her nose. She HASN'T lost any weight and she is still drinking and eating. Her poop is little and runny and white. I tried using Neomycin and then Sulmet in there water in two different attempts. After I gave them fresh water and fresh food with sprinkles of microbial feed pack (to rebuild her system). I cleaned there cage and put new shavings in with fresh water and feed. And JUST AS A TREAT! I am trying cracked corn and grower grit in just a little pile (just in case there is something in her throat). Any suggestions would help! I have tried everything and I am losing hope! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom