Help please! My hen has a large hole under vent, no signs of flystrike.

Thank you both for the added advice. ❤️
After a round of antibiotics and daily epsom salt soaks there was no marked improvement. I couldn’t watch her get worse after stopping the antibiotics so I made the decision to cull her.
Definitely a learning experience and even though it didn’t work out for the best I know I came to the right place for advice.
Thank you all for the support!

After a round of antibiotics and daily epsom salt soaks there was no marked improvement. I couldn’t watch her get worse after stopping the antibiotics so I made the decision to cull her.
Definitely a learning experience and even though it didn’t work out for the best I know I came to the right place for advice.
I'm sorry about your hen:(

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine having to make that decision for one of my feathers. It’s hard enough for my fur babies. My feathers are even more dear to me. I do think you made the right decision though, and if you learned something from it then it was not in vain. 🥺

Back
Top Bottom