Help! Please, my hens are fighting! I need advice

And no, I wouldn't throw the older hen into a large flock on her own. That would be very unfair on her. She's probably bewildered and grieving the loss of her pal, and if she were to go into a large flock all alone while she's feeling a bit low she might end up at the bottom of the pecking order herself. It could be very tough on her.

Try and persevere with getting her chummed-up with a new companion.

hey well ive been on alot of sites and people are telling me to kill mi chickens for soup :S

i need help thats affordable!

i had 1 chicken and i introduced 5 batteries after a week and mi gud chicken got pecked unitll it bled now shes the boss and is very aggresive just today i got two sussex banties and she stands on them on there heads while she pecks her comb util it bleds ive tried slapping shouting and seperating any other advice except killing it? btw make it easy advice :L

also im scared the banties will be so frightened they will stop laying
D.gif

please please please help!

chooks are chooks, don't assume they have the "same" emotional position or disposition for that matter as you would in their situation, this is called being a narcissist!

different animals have different pychological patterns, i'm not saying they dont have a spirit or sole, it just they have a peticular thought process; instictual through natural selection etc. simply because that way of reacting to a situation has proved productive in contributing to the success of itself and inturn offspring across geographical time.

they cannot watch operah and council themselves over what maybe emotional scars lol

I have the same problems as above, I got two rescue hens to keep my little rosie company.

Down side is rosie is an evil little bully (still love her though)

The two rescue hens are bigger than rosie but that doesn't stop her from having a go at the girls, both at the same time might I add.

I got them during the day put them in the run and rosie could see them when she was in the garden. After a few hours of them settling in i let them out in the garden with rosie and all hell broke loose and there was a little blood from all three hens.

I know I should just let them be to sort it all out but I dont want anyone to get badly hurt.

Do you think putting all three in the run at the same time once it gets dark would work?

Thank you xxx

Same thing going on here, but my entire flock was killed except 1, nemesis, who used to try to peck me to death and now is a lap dog... The new chicks (3 months) keep trying to kill her, although she was there first. She was depressed so my vet said to get her smaller birds to help, well my newbies have completely taken over. I notice in particular 1 bird who thinks she's boss, I'm thinking of removing the 1 for a few nights into the house until mother hen perks up a bit. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Same thing going on here, but my entire flock was killed except 1, nemesis, who used to try to peck me to death and now is a lap dog... The new chicks (3 months) keep trying to kill her, although she was there first. She was depressed so my vet said to get her smaller birds to help, well my newbies have completely taken over. I notice in particular 1 bird who thinks she's boss, I'm thinking of removing the 1 for a few nights into the house until mother hen perks up a bit. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That sounds good. Sometimes, removing a bird moves it down in the pecking order a peg or two. I'd keep her out at least a week, then see how it goes.

Help I just got three new giant blue Cochins they should start laying in a month so I added them in and no mater how long I have them separated my one bantam hen always fight them nonstopo so I have them separate what can I do?helpppppp!!!!!

They will sort things out.If both are pretty dominant they may never stop until one is actually beaten to the core,possibly.

hens can be just as bad as roosters and CAN kill each other,even without spurs....

Back
Top Bottom