Help Please new chicks

newone

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 15, 2014
NB Canada
My chicks hatched yesterday while I was away and I wasn't expecting them until this weekend I have no feed for them. I have access to soy, corn, barley, distillers grains, canola and the premix laying feed which I assume they should not have. Will any of the other feeds do until tomorrow night when I can get them some chick grower?

ThePRfan is right, they don't need to eat for the first 3 days because they can live off of the remaining yolk in their tummies. I always like to get mine eating asap though, just to be safe. So I would offer them water of course, and maybe some hard-boiled eggs chopped up very fine. That'll give them a nice protein boost and that way they will definitely be ok until tomorrow night when you can get them proper feed.

ThePRfan is right, they don't need to eat for the first 3 days because they can live off of the remaining yolk in their tummies. I always like to get mine eating asap though, just to be safe. So I would offer them water of course, and maybe some hard-boiled eggs chopped up very fine. That'll give them a nice protein boost and that way they will definitely be ok until tomorrow night when you can get them proper feed.
x2

Back
Top Bottom