Help please - new pullet distress call - plus coop pic

Mother of Chicks

Songster
Apr 16, 2020
Nottingham, UK
Hi all,

I have set up coop #2 and got a delivery of 4 pullets on Thursday- 2 silkie and 2 polish bantam. They had all been living together before they arrived. Now, one of the silkies (Bento - they silver partridge) keeps making a distress call especially when I go near the coop. She doesn't seem to be broody at all but she is very vocal and loud with a growly bawwwwk constantly. Any advice on how I can settle her in? This behaviour started as soon as I got them (in fact the driver told me she was noisy). She has laid 2 eggs so far I think. They all have plenty of space, the same food as they had before, loads of water with vits/ACV and perches/nest boxes. What can I do to make her less distressed? Do you think she is missing her old flock?

Also - am I missing anything from my coop (handmade)? The food and water will go out into the sheltered part of the run today, but it was inside while they acclimatised. They have only had one short venture into the run so far while they got used to their new home. I go in a few times to poop scoop but otherwise I have not been handling them unless necessary and talk to them from outside a few times to get them used to my voice.

[For interest: Dashi = red silkie; Bento = silver part silkie; Dolly Parton = Khaki white crest polish and Ms Elvis = Red white crest polish (the queen of egg laying) all 24 weeks]

New pullets.jpg

TYIA

B

Back
Top Bottom