HELP PLEASE! Through shell but not membrane

Okay, so after an awful long night... Checking every hour... Chicky had done nothing but was very noisy. So I decided to pick off a tiny bit shell and move some membrane. It was sooooo dry!!!!! My humidity was 45% all through and for a few days has been 65% so I don't know why it was so bad. Anyway, I moistened it a bit but to be honest I think he is stuck to the inside of the shell. Humidity has been put up a bit and I have added a wet paper towel in to the incubator. Every half hour or so I've picked off a wee bit more. He is wiggling but his beak is still in exactly the same place as it was at the start of all this.
Membrane was like paper though. No way he was getting through on his own. We will see how he goes now. I'm just taking it slow since he has plenty room to breathe and I don't want to rush incase he hasn't finished absorbing everything. On the bright side, 3 more pipped (one of them at the wrong end :barnie) but I will have to leave it until my lunch break at work!

I thought I should update after all of your help! He is out and dry! Doing well and has since been joined by four friends.... one of whom was also totally dry (no idea why this has happened when most are perfect). Little mini cesarean section for those 2 but they are both out and crashing in to all other eggs :)
Thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom