Help, please! Top heavy and falling over

hockeymom3229

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 20, 2013
Good morning, I've got a mixed breed hen. She is gray and fluffy with feathers on her feet. She had been acting like a loner for the past week. She has also been doing funny things with her neck which is always down in her shoulder area. This morning she tried to walk around the yard but keeps falling forward. Like her breast is too big. It's crazy. I don't know what to do for her.

Could you post a picture of her holding her neck in the position? Check her crop to see if it is puffy and large, and does it feel soft or hard? She could have impacted, sour, or pendulous crop. Is the neck in a spasm, stuck, or twisted such as in wry neck? Is she puffed up--holding her neck pulled into her shoulders and hunching? Here is some info on crop problems: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/answers-from-chicken-vet-on-impacted.html

Thank you for that link. I think she has an impacted crop based on the information I read there. Although it gives directions on how to handle this at home, I'm thinking we will go to the vet this time. Hopefully, they will let me watch so I can gain the knowledge for an y future issues.

Thank you for that link. I think she has an impacted crop based on the information I read there. Although it gives directions on how to handle this at home, I'm thinking we will go to the vet this time. Hopefully, they will let me watch so I can gain the knowledge for an y future issues.
Please let me know what the vet has said… my little roo has this same thing going on

Back
Top Bottom