Help!! Please?? Updated page 3 post 27

Spikes like that are normal while hatching. Do not open or remove windows. Just tap on them or tilt the bater for a second an it will clear. Wet glass is usually a sign humidity has broke 80%. Short term its not an issue.

Thanks one and all for all your help!!
hugs.gif

Have to get up early for work tomorrow so will hope and pray for the best tonight while I am sleeping.
Good night to all of you my BYC friends and may God bless and keep you safe!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Good morning, I tried this before I went to bed last night but they will not clear. They are still dripping with huge drops of water. I believe my temp and humity gauge has stop working because of all the moisture. They have not moved since yesterday morning and are still reading 99.0 and 45%. There's got to be more humity in there than that with all the water on the 2 windows? There are a few more pips this morning but nomore zipps or hatches than there were when I got home at 6pm yesterday. I've read on here somewhere that if there is to much moisture that on the first peep that they get to much water and drown.
hit.gif
I am very afraid that that's what is happening to them. Is there something I should do or should I just leave them alone??
hu.gif
he.gif

Editted to say that the ones that have a little pip have really white membrane showing. They couldn't be shrink wrapped with all that moisture in there right?

Last edited:
Your gauge is defiantly having issues.

I've only hatched once but from what I've read on here it's not this last day or two that high humidity can cause them to drown. That's caused by the humidity being to high most/all of the hatch.
I'm sure someone more experienced than me will let you know if I'm wrong but I battled with high humidity all incubation and still hatched 7 of 7.

I'm pretty sure the ones with white membrane showing are fine, I had some like that and they hatched fine. (Though I was stressing!)

I wouldn't open it personally but I'm surprised it won't clear with both plugs out.

Sending you good hatching vibes and I hope they all pop out soon and stop worrying you so much.
hugs.gif

I think I would leave them alone, & not worry so much, I would toss that hydrometer when your done, if you open it now your going to most likely shrink wrap them, I would let it go & see what happens. just my opinion.

Quote:
Yup. I only get major condensation at 85% or so. Sounds like your humidity's high enough anyway.

And I wouldn't worry about it drowning the chicks either, what RareBreedFancier says is right. A correctly incubated chick will not drown because of too-high humidity in lockdown. What drowns them is too-high humidity in the first 18 days which prevents the egg losing enough moisture. You'd see this on candling just before lockdown as air cells that were still very small. What actually drowns the chick is the moisture inside the egg when it pips internally and starts trying to breathe air from the air cell.

Thanks agian for the great advice from my dear friends on BYC! I will try and leave them alone alought they are driving me nuts
he.gif
he.gif

I have hatch a few times before but have never had problems like this.
Once again thanks for coming to my rescue!
God bless!

Have you hatched in winter before? The temp varience of room to inside bator is what causes condensation, that and humidity, but my point being is your house may be cooler than previous hatches resulting in previously unseen condensation.

Do a salt test after hatch on your hygrometer. Adjust if needed and able. If non adjustable inexpensive analog adjustable hygrometers can be purchased via ebay for 9 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom