Help please whats wrong with my chicken

Jessamy0511

Hatching
Dec 20, 2023
Hi I'm jess I currently have different breeds of chickens...I have never seen this before I'm reading and I'm seeing stargazing chickens is similar to what my 6 month old English blue bantam (baney) sorry if misspelled. She walks circles does back flips and also puts her head back and sways it side to side she walks backwards and also her poop seems normal it's like it comes in spells tho she's completely normal one second and eats great drinks well she sleeps good she can't perch or anything she just sits and sleeps it's like seizure looking at times but not if that makes since she looses her balance too she acts happy she will follow me all over when she feels good as I said it happens in spells at night seems easier for her too

We have already been giving her the B1 and a couple others recommended by a fellow friend whom has more experience than me but I'm just not wanting her to die it seems I'm already on the right path as far as treatment then so thank you....is she in pain?

Remember not to over dose on vitamins it will damage her kidney and liver.

Try giving her a raw egg yolk no whites, it has proteins, vitamins, and amino acids before she goes to bed.

We have already been giving her the B1 and a couple others recommended by a fellow friend whom has more experience than me but I'm just not wanting her to die it seems I'm already on the right path as far as treatment then so thank you....is she in pain?
How much are you giving her?
I don't think she's in pain

Hi I'm jess I currently have different breeds of chickens...I have never seen this before I'm reading and I'm seeing stargazing chickens is similar to what my 6 month old English blue bantam (baney) sorry if misspelled. She walks circles does back flips and also puts her head back and sways it side to side she walks backwards and also her poop seems normal it's like it comes in spells tho she's completely normal one second and eats great drinks well she sleeps good she can't perch or anything she just sits and sleeps it's like seizure looking at times but not if that makes since she looses her balance too she acts happy she will follow me all over when she feels good as I said it happens in spells at night seems easier for her too

Welcome To BYC
Can you Please post photos of your pullet?

What exactly are you feeding her - layer feed, chick starter, all flock feed....?

You're giving B1 (Thiamine) only? How much?

I would go to Walmart, CVS, etc. and buy a bottle of Vitamin E (400IU) and a bottle of B-Complex.
Each day, open her beak and pop 1 Vitamin E gel into her beak and let her swallow, then pop 1/4 tablet of the B-Complex into her beak, let her swallow. Provide her with a treat of egg or tuna daily to help with the uptake of E.

The symptoms you describe sound neurological. Do check her over for any injury or wounds that may have caused the symptoms. Marek's disease is another cause of symptoms that you are seeing.

👇Also how long have you had her? Has she always shown these symptoms since you got her or is this something that has suddenly come about?
I'm just curious how your chicken turned out I have a chicken about 6-8 months old (got her at a flea market) she does this and more she flips backward out of no where she can walk tho good until she takes a bad spell it comes and goes tho all day at night is really easier for her but she sleeps with blankets and pillows to keep her safe so she don't hurt herself. When she's is having a bad spell she can't seem to control herself at all she looses balance alot and walks in circles sometimes but she eats good drinks water tries to play when she can and overall seems happy she is spoiled tho I treat her like a baby and she has lived so far I really don't wanna put it down it don't act like it's in pain I mean she gets mad when she can't do something but she don't seem to b in pain

Back
Top Bottom