HELP please xx Bruised Muscovy duck egg

I would work on these areas.
You want to uncover the head area and eventually get the shell to where it can just push itself out when it's ready.
If you remove just the shell and moisten that membrane you should be able to see where the veins are and if they are full of blood or not.
Capture+_2020-05-08-08-13-02.png

I would work on these areas.
You want to uncover the head area and eventually get the shell to where it can just push itself out when it's ready.
If you remove just the shell and moisten that membrane you should be able to see where the veins are and if they are full of blood or not.
View attachment 2128489
I have taken it round to the air sac... and taken all the shell off. There is just membrane holding ‘him’ in at that bottom bit now.

Now.. by the looks of it it should be able to get out by itself now when it's ready.
If you get to the point you feel like it's struggling to get out and cannot, you may gently help it get its head out. At that point you should be able to see down into the egg to tell if the yolk is absorbed.
If there is no yellow yolk still on the outside of the belly then you're good to go to just lay him down and let it finish pushing himself out or to go ahead and help remove all of the shell.
Be ready though with a small bowl or cup of some kind with a dry paper towel in the bottom of it in case there is yolk still unabsorbed. You will want to keep him in that bottom part of the shell until that is fully absorbed. Prop him upright in the cup and place it back in the incubator and just wait.
Now.. by the looks of it it should be able to get out by itself now when it's ready.
If you get to the point you feel like it's struggling to get out and cannot, you may gently help it get its head out. At that point you should be able to see down into the egg to tell if the yolk is absorbed.
If there is no yellow yolk still on the outside of the belly then you're good to go to just lay him down and let it finish pushing himself out or to go ahead and help remove all of the shell.
Be ready though with a small bowl or cup of some kind with a dry paper towel in the bottom of it in case there is yolk still unabsorbed. You will want to keep him in that bottom part of the shell until that is fully absorbed. Prop him upright in the cup and place it back in the incubator and just wait.
@shawluvsbirds
He’s pushed himself out. But I think I can see yellow behind his leg on the side.... should I pop him in a cup? He’s just lay there at the moment xx

Attachments

• C1A21BBD-3377-401D-B824-F406F069D8B6.jpeg
    C1A21BBD-3377-401D-B824-F406F069D8B6.jpeg
    876.5 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom