Help please!

So, we decide to get rid of the Pekin drake. I was sad to see him go, but the Rouen didn't seem to mind. And he went to a good home with a lot of females to keep him happy. Our Rouen gets along great with our chickens. We recently added 2 females to the coop to keep Reggie (that's the name we decided to use for him. Short for Reginald) company. One is Prkin and the other I think is either mallard or Rouen. I'm excited to start getting eggs.

If the other is a mallard, it will be only 3-4 lbs, but Rouens are 7-10 lbs. So a mallard will be a LOT smaller. :)

These are my girls. They seem to get along really well with our drake and the chickens we have. But, I've noticed that they aren't sleeping in the coop at night. And we still haven't gotten any eggs from them. I know it would probably take some time for them to get used to their new home before they started laying again. But, it's been almost 3 weeks since we got them and still nothing. Are they not laying because they are still trying to adjust? Or is it because they won't sleep in the coop? What do I do?

Back
Top Bottom