Help please !

Brahma94

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2018
87F80F35-3045-4256-9F2E-C0117218154D.jpeg
Hello everyone I needed some experts advices. Can someome help me identify that how do i get that same pattern of colours of the picture i’m attavhing. Someone said its a blue salmon. And how do i get the same results as this on. The first hen in the row thats what I’m talking about.

Front hen and the rooster are Salmons. The second hen is a Blue Salmon. You may get better results on the Brahma forum or the genetics forum.

Front hen and the rooster are Salmons. The second hen is a Blue Salmon. You may get better results on the Brahma forum or the genetics forum.
Thanks but from the person i bought he said its blue and it has 3 shades. And this is one of them.

I've never messed with Salmon Brahmas. I didn't realize there are different shades with in the colors themselves. Must be due to the blue genes.

They've likely got Dark Brahma in them. But how would one introduce the Wheaton gene with out outcrossing....

Left to right.
Splash salmon, blue salmon, (black) salmon.
With those three birds you won't get any chicks like the front one. You can get a lot of blue salmons and a few more salmon.
You'll need to hatch some and keep a blue salmon cockerel. Breed him to either hen or to any blue salmon pullets from your first chicks and then you'll get some splash salmons.

Last edited:
Left to right.
Splash salmon, blue salmon, (black) salmon.
With those three birds you won't get any chicks like the front one. You can get a lot of blue salmons and a few more salmon.
You'll need to hatch some and keep a blue salmon cockerel. Breed him to either hen or to any pullets from your first chicks and then you'll get some splash salmons.
YOu mean to say cross a blue salmon roo with a blue salmon pullet then i’ll get the splash salmon ?

Blue salmon Xs blue salmon will give 25% splash salmon chicks.
Blue salmon Xs splash salmon will give 50% splash salmon chicks.
Doesn't matter which sex is which color.
You have a salmon rooster.
Cross him with your splash salmon hen for 100% blue salmon chicks.
Cross him with your blue salmon hen for 50% blue salmon and 50% salmon.

Back
Top Bottom