Help!! Please

kiara0927

Songster
7 Years
Sep 30, 2015
Bristol Tennessee
I have a 8 week old Jubilee orpington chick idk what happened but I noticed she was walking funny with her wings out,She walks like a broody hen with her wing out..So I picked her up to see what was wrong and on both sides of her wing at the top where the wings bend I noticed she has what looks to be like boils, it's full of infection it's not hard or anything but painful..I have some Clindamycin that the Vet gave me for my dog its 25 mg can I give her this? And what else should I do :( poor baby !

Can you post some pictures? Is there any pus seen in the lesions? Do you think that she was pecked or was scratching the wings? Can you look her over for mites and lice? Can you clean the lesions and apply some antibiotic ointment twice a day? Clindamycin can be used in chickens, but it is used for bone infections and serious wounds.

I will definitely get pics this evening..idk what happened I just noticed she was acting funny but idk if maybe she was just hot or what bc it's been warn the last few days.. when I went to the barn yesterday I noticed her wings was out she was walking funny that's when I noticed she has a big what looks like a bubble like a boil under her on both wings.I clean it good but only used Betadine.

I took these pics a few mins ago while she was sleeping

Attachments

• 20200815_195013.jpg
    20200815_195013.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20200815_194951.jpg
    20200815_194951.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 3
I took these pics a few mins ago while she was sleeping
Idk I've never dealt with anything like this before..idk what to do about it..I have that one kind of antibiotics but wasn't sure if I could give it to her or not..They are painful bc when I clean it she peeps like it hurts her :( it's full of infection..Its like a big boil or something

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom