HELP PLEASE

dana_o

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2020
Hi I'm Dana. Pretty sure I've used this page before but my bantam hen I think got into a fight with one of my other hens. She lost a lot of feathers and her eye is shut. She won't open it. It looks a little sunk in as well. She won't eat or drink. And when I tried a few drops of water from a syringe she acted as though it hurt to swallow, even though I can find no injuries to her neck. She's been keeping her beak cracked open and won't really close it much. She's also got this brown sticky stuff in her beak. I'm not sure what it is but I've been trying to keep it cleaned out of her mouth. She's not very lovely but will walk around slowly some. She's usually one of my liveliest hens. She's been sleeping a lot. I have no idea what to do so any help is welcomed.

I think that if you could send pictures of her eye and other spots like the brown stuff in her mouth it will help a lot and give others a better idea of what it going on,
where did she lose her feathers (neck, back, ?)
Have you syringed a chicken before, do you know for sure if she is acting off or if is it a normal reaction to being syringed?
Does the brown stuff in her mouth smell at all? A picture of that would help.
those are all of the questions I can think of, you got this!

I think that if you could send pictures of her eye and other spots like the brown stuff in her mouth it will help a lot and give others a better idea of what it going on,
where did she lose her feathers (neck, back, ?)
Have you syringed a chicken before, do you know for sure if she is acting off or if is it a normal reaction to being syringed?
Does the brown stuff in her mouth smell at all? A picture of that would help.
those are all of the questions I can think of, you got this!

Attachments

• Snapchat-470296342.jpg
    Snapchat-470296342.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 6
I've syringed before. She’s okay with the syringe, it’s just once she swallows. She lost feathers on her neck mainly, the other places aren’t bad. I had more pictures but my phone died so I’m having to use my iPad and the pictures aren’t on here. She doesn’t smell odd either from what I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom