help please

dinomu

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 24, 2012
We supposed to peep the shells in 47 days but it came way early........ we've been sitting in the bator for 5 days now. Accidently while we were changing our sitting position, phone rang, alarm went on loud, dogs were jumping, and someone at the door........ and my human who is not very good at multitask under pressure, accidently dropped us to the groud and caused us obvious damage. We'd like to believe it is nothing major and want to stay calm but cracks on the shell but not down to membrane. Our human offered clean up and breathable bandage to dress us... should we settle for that or ask for othe remedy or vet???

We supposed to peep the shells in 47 days but it came way early........ we've been sitting in the bator for 5 days now. Accidently while we were changing our sitting position, phone rang, alarm went on loud, dogs were jumping, and someone at the door........ and my human who is not very good at multitask under pressure, accidently dropped us to the groud and caused us obvious damage. We'd like to believe it is nothing major and want to stay calm but cracks on the shell but not down to membrane. Our human offered clean up and breathable bandage to dress us... should we settle for that or ask for othe remedy or vet???

if there was no oozing or bleeding through the membrane just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best..

since you added the breathable bandage you will have to monitor the eggs closely to make sure the bandage doesn't hinder the actual hatch and breaking of the shell by the chicks

have the eggs wiggled or have you heard any peeping since the accident? What day are they on now?

Thanks for the info...... tiny bit of white came out from both of them but I didn't see any visible hold to the membrane. I used duoderm bandage to one of the egg which has chip. I'm on day 6 now it happened yesterday so it's bit early to expect them to give me some kind of hint. Should I move 2 of the eggs to other incubator just to on safe side? I was able to get 4 eggs and I don't want to risk other two good eggs.

Thanks for the info...... tiny bit of white came out from both of them but I didn't see any visible hold to the membrane. I used duoderm bandage to one of the egg which has chip. I'm on day 6 now it happened yesterday so it's bit early to expect them to give me some kind of hint. Should I move 2 of the eggs to other incubator just to on safe side? I was able to get 4 eggs and I don't want to risk other two good eggs.

if they were leaking the egg white then the membrane was breached. The biggest concern would be damage to the yolk plus bacterial contamination. If you want to keep incubating them then treat them as you would any other egg.. just be on the lookout for weeping and rotten smells
if you detect any weeping or rotten smells then the eggs are bad and should be removed from the bator

It started to weep so I took them out and put them. I will carve them and turn them in to something different. I got replacement eggs yesterday from same place. When I rolled them to locate air cell, one of them make noise like..... burching and the other didn't. Possible dud? Is there any way of checking for bad eggs before actual process starts? Is it safe to put them in the same bator with other two eggs which had been sitting there for a week now. Sorry so much to ask..... it's my first time and thank you all for your help.

It started to weep so I took them out and put them. I will carve them and turn them in to something different. I got replacement eggs yesterday from same place. When I rolled them to locate air cell, one of them make noise like..... burching and the other didn't. Possible dud? Is there any way of checking for bad eggs before actual process starts? Is it safe to put them in the same bator with other two eggs which had been sitting there for a week now. Sorry so much to ask..... it's my first time and thank you all for your help.
if one is making noise before it's set.. it's probably rotten.. the sound would be where the membrane has pulled away from the shell.. which shouldn't happen in fresh eggs
sloshing sounds are also bad in fresh eggs (would mean a scrambled egg if it were fresh.. sloshing in older eggs tends to be an indicator of a rotten egg)

Back
Top Bottom