Help please !

She actually wasn't sat on them she was near them I've been looking for there eggs far weeks ! I've put some food with her
How does her legs and feet look, feel? any swelling, redness. Had she been missing? also sometimes when an egg is stuck it can cause the duck not to be able to walk. Very gently check her under belly out feeling for eggs and also look at her vent to make sure it isn't pulsating.

I dont think its an egg stuck, I raised ten ducks this year and two with leg problems, I believe its from the high protein diet I had them on, but only two turned out to have issues so I put them by themselves and there walking better now. I also put them in a swimming pool to let them work there leg muscles, seeing as they cant walk that's the only way they can get any exercise, Anyway mine are doing better just dont let her flip on her back because she will and keep her by herself for awhile.i have never had a duck go egg bound before but I have chickens and they are still able to walk. If it is egg bound in your duck hen then give her a warm bath and maybe lubricate her vent with Vaseline that should help the come out. What im telling u now are things that have worked for me personally, I hope it helps u. We live on a farm in Texas and I have been raising fowl for 20 years and love it anyway I wish u the best of luck

Her feet are fine and legs it sounds like an egg is stuck ! Is there anything I can do ?
Okay what makes you think an egg is stuck? can you see it feel it what are the symptoms? you can put her in a tub of warm water let her soak as long as the water is warm, keep it quiet and as relaxing as possible while she is in there, then when you take her out place her in a nice quiet place by herself not with any other ducks, keep food and water close by, do you have any kind of calcium supplements/ liquid or tums will even work mix some up in water to dissolve and see if you can get her to drink it. While she is soaking very gently massage her tummy in the direction of her vent , you can soak as often as you need too. you can also place her on a heating pad with a thick towel wrapped around it on the lowest setting what you want to do is provide moisture[humidity] you just don't want to over heat her.soggybottommini is right I forgot to mention lubing the vent. vaseline works.

Last edited:
Great news she's back on her feet again and with the others thanks for all the help guys
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png

Last edited:
I honestly don't know was a weird one ! We have had bad weather here (England ) the last few days maybe it's something to doo we that only other thing I can think of is a stuck egg but when I went to the allotment this morning she was up and fine
1f601.png

I honestly don't know was a weird one ! We have had bad weather here (England ) the last few days maybe it's something to doo we that only other thing I can think of is a stuck egg but when I went to the allotment this morning she was up and fine
1f601.png
If it was a stuck egg she wouldn't be fine unless she actually laid it they usually go down hill pretty fast if egg bound. Anyway glad to hear she is doing well..

Lol, I put my pekin drake down with two new hens we rescued from our local fairs market auction. In which case, they get to choose whether or not to process the birds. But anyhow, when I put him down, he started walking funny with a limp. I watched him for a few minutes, then put him in a sperate pen and he was walking fine. We think it was rush of hormones xD then we put him back and he was fine. Never once did he attempt to breed them though...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom