Help!!! Possible Death!!!

Show Sebright

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 1, 2020
Orlando FL
My Wyandotte has prolapsed vent. I did all the steps ... bath, clean vent, used preparation H cream to lightly push insides back inside. Slather it with vaseline and blow dry. Then she pooped! But her insides came out. So put them in... the size she pooped again! Her insides come out as soon as she poops. She is currently separated from the flock in a cage with just water and a tiny bit of food. Oh she also has bedding and a mirror. Help! I can’t push it in every time she poops. 😭 I don’t want to lose another chicken.

Attachments

• C62E21A4-BD23-4CC8-AF29-D280FA76EED9.jpeg
    C62E21A4-BD23-4CC8-AF29-D280FA76EED9.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 17
Will she stop pooping if you take her food? I'm not sure if this would help, but maybe having her fast until the vent healed would help.

So, update on my girl. She is mad and screaming for her sister and here step sisters. After a night of not sleeping and worrying about her this is how she is; her insides have gone in on their own! She has had one big poop, and she is covered in a cage with 2 sides open for ventilation. Today I am going to put some more preparation H since her insides are coming out sometimes and then they go back in. I and baby wiping her but and feathers every hour so she stays clean. When she poops I pick it up and take it out of the cage. She has food, grit, and oyster shell. She obviously has water too. And I doing this all right🥺. She is fun because when I check her vent she will put her tail down and squat.😄 She is looking better. Any more suggestions?

Ok so this morning she laid a egg. I helped pull it out because she was having a hard time. It has a bit of blood in the outside. She is doing better. Every day she hangs out with the flock for half a hour when it shady outside. I think she can go back Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom