Help....Puncture in side of breast

CaradineCousins

Songster
6 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Birmingham Alabama
I just got back from feeding my babies and one of my 7 month old Salmon Fav. (Rhett) has a chunk taken out of him. He seems ok just bloody and he is eating. I do not have any vetericyn or anyway of getting out I have no transportation at the moment. I have hydroperoxide, alcholol, poultry cell. what can i do? It's not bleeding badly but does need to be sanitized. Looks like his toe was chewed off, but the side of breast I really didn't see anything, I needed another person to help hold him.

I've got in a hospital he just stands like he's in shock I don't know what to do. The bleeding has stopped it doesn't appear to have anything related with his crop thank God

Thanks
y'all
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

Last edited:
Do you have any pictures? Is the crop involved? If the crop is open, it will need to be closed by superglue gel or stitching. It sounds like he was attacked by a predator. If you mix a 1/2 tsp of salt in 16 ounces of water, and heat it, you can make some sterile saline, which is fine to use to clean the wound. Then apply some antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin.

Do you have any pictures? Is the crop involved? If the crop is open, it will need to be closed by superglue gel or stitching. It sounds like he was attacked by a predator. If you mix a 1/2 tsp of salt in 16 ounces of water, and heat it, you can make some sterile saline, which is fine to use to clean the wound. Then apply some antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin.
Thanks Eggcessive I have updated with photos. This is Rocky's brother and he is a sweet boy

Can you wash/clean his foot? The blood I see there seems to have been dropping from the wound on his breast/crop, so might as well not have an injured foot at all.

Can you wash/clean his foot? The blood I see there seems to have been dropping from the wound on his breast/crop, so might as well not have an injured foot at all.
Half of his toe is gone. He had 5 toes and I was just informed that 2 coon dogs are running loose, I wonder if they could have done it. None of my birds free range to many loose dogs, cats and whatever around here. I do let them out for 1 hour a day before sunset to forage.

I cleaned up his foot and was able to get a better look into the side of breast area just a small wound nothing is bleeding and I was careful not to reopen anything. But he did loose the tip of his toe but he can walk no limping
That does sound as if he got lucky after all. If the wounds do not get infected he might heal soon.

Back
Top Bottom