help! Quail incubation problem

If not I'll personally buy you more eggs totally free
smile.png

Chanel, you should be ok... is this a different incubator from the button quail?
If it's a still air, then the temp is ok, but try to bring it down to 101-102F. If it's forced air, it's a little high, but shouldn't harm them too much this early. Try to bring it back down to 99.5F and get the humidity back up to about 40-45% and you should be fine.
That's too bad that they got crushed on the trip to you...
sad.png

hugs.gif
good luck.
smile.png

Mine went up to 104 two times for over 4 hours.....and I still got 17 quail out of 40 some eggs. All healthy...one died (had feet problem...like no feet). Been almost a week and they are all doing good. It went to 104 while they were on 9 day in LG bator....then again while on day 1 in hatcher.

103 is pretty high but nmot to worry if you got it cooled down. I have a slightly lower hatch when it gets a spike like that but they still hatch.
Humidity is more important factor.
17 days to hatch for coturnix. turn off the turner/stop turning on day 14. If the incubator has been higher than 99.5 (forced air), 100.5 for still air, for a lot of the time they may hatch a day early.
I would not buy eggs from the same person you did again. I have only had one egg shipment with a high broken egg rate 20%. This one was from an ebay guy ( imconclusive ) who knew almost nothing about his birds or eggs I found out. I have gotten two other ebay egg buys with only 2 of 100 eggs broken so most are reputable.
There are many people on www.thatquailplace.com who will sell coturnix or bobwhites and they all have only zero or one egg broken per 100 on delivery. Other places the do great are GQF, cutler supply and mcmurray hatchery.
I've hatched six sets of eggs one coturnix and the rest bw & ggbw.
The only real difference in incubation between the cot. and the bw is hatch dates.
The japanese quail (coturnix) start laying at about 5-6 weeks.
Sorry to hear of your woes. better luck this time

Back
Top Bottom