Help quick!! Turkey in a snowstorm!!

crazygoatlady915

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Idaho
Hello Everybody!
We have had a huge blizzard roaring all day, with a lot of wind and snow. We went outside to check the animals and found one of our female turkeys outside in the storm! She had ice and snow covering her body, and seemed chilled to the bone. We brought her inside to let her warm up, but she hasn't moved yet, every once in a while, she'll open her eyes, and she appears to be breathing.
Anything else we can do for her?
Thanks for any help at all!

Last edited:
well for one she's warming up DO NOT put her near anything that generates heat. & since u brought her in she's probably suffering from pneumonia because outside its cold then u're suddenly bring her inside which is like being equipped for a 10 degree environment then suddenly put in a 100 degree environment (with all ur gear still on) its REALLY HOT for her. & she's probably in shock. put her in the coldest part of the house (just so long as it's warmer than outside) then she MIGHT need a fan on her. check to see if she has frostbite on any of her body parts. could u post some pics of her? i'd like to see if she'll make it
i also need to know how cold it is in the room u have her in & how cold it is outside.
i wanna help u/her
thanks
--Turkeygirl

Back
Top Bottom