HELP! Saxony breed related question.

Duckie doodle

Songster
Jun 27, 2019
NY
Hello,
I have had saxonys for 2 years now. What I would like to know is why the f**k my saxony drake head has not changed blue/grey yet and he is 2 years old. My other Saxony drake is 1 year old and his head changes at 10 months. As you can see in the photo, the one in question is behind the "normal" looking drake. Thank you

Attachments

• 20200925_172141.jpg
    20200925_172141.jpg
    679.3 KB · Views: 14
Yeah, he's just different. Some birds just don't end up looking like they should. Like I have a Cochin chick that is supposed to be silver laced but is more black than silver laced, it's not bad, it's just different!

Yeah, he's just different. Some birds just don't end up looking like they should. Like I have a Cochin chick that is supposed to be silver laced but is more black than silver laced, it's not bad, it's just different!
Thank you. I asked a breeder about him and they said that he is not pure and not to use him for breeding purposes. So I was like what the f!

Genetic glitch? Hormonal imbalance? Either way, if you’re not hatching ducklings from him and he’s otherwise good, no reason not to keep him around. :) obviously wouldn’t want to breed from him If you’re trying to stick to the SOP, but as a backyard pet/pest control who cares what his head looks like? :p haha.

Genetic glitch? Hormonal imbalance? Either way, if you’re not hatching ducklings from him and he’s otherwise good, no reason not to keep him around. :) obviously wouldn’t want to breed from him If you’re trying to stick to the SOP, but as a backyard pet/pest control who cares what his head looks like? :p haha.
I am planning on keeping him around. He is super friendly and I've had him since duckling so he's not going anywhere. I just wanted to know what is going on with his head lol

Back
Top Bottom