HELP!! Scaly leg mite?

Philbec14

In the Brooder
Jan 3, 2022
Hi all,
We think we might know the answer to our question but wanted to get a second opinion from you all... Our girl has one foot that is looking quite dry, we're thinking scaly leg mite?
We've read that petroleum oil is a good treatment? We've liberally applied vasoline to her foot twice over the weekend. The first photo shows her foot prior and the second shows her foot after 4 days... We're finding it hard to tell if we're on the right track or if it's time for a vet visit?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-072423_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-072423_Gallery.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20220629-072352_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-072352_Gallery.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 8
Use a soft toothbrush to get the vaseline underneath the scales to help smother the mites.You won't see new scales for weeks or months.. Ivermection is often used to treat scaly mite.You also have to treat the coop & nest boxes with an insecticide & keep everything real clean.They can get it on their face & neck ,their back & vent

I'm not an expert, but I'd say that looks like SLM. What's the underside of her foot look like?
I'll have to have a closer look when the sun is up, but on the weekend the bottom of her feet looked fairly normal from what I could see when I was running the vasoline into her feet.

Back
Top Bottom