Help! Screaming hen

The only time I have loud girls is when the barred rock and one of the reds decide to lay at the same time. They both have a preference for the same nest box and are also both vying for the leadership role. The other two will lay wherever the eggs are or in an open box, but those two just HAVE to be in that box.

Where are you in Mass? I'm in NE CT and I could probably take her, but why don't you give her a chance to settle down a bit?

My question is, why not ask your neighbors how they feel about your loud chicken??? I've asked my neighbors if the roosters I had bothered them. Geeez, I had 6 roosters...... ugh........ all the neighbors loved them. They said they like sitting outside and listening to them. Needless to say I did cull most of the roosters and gave one away. You might be surprised by the answer your neighbors give you.

So, before you do anything drastic find out what your neighbors think. You may find out they like your birds.

Quote:
Thank you so much for the offer!
big_smile.png

I got really lucky and a local farmer is willing to add Lizzie to her flock. It's really close so my son can visit her any time he'd like to.

You're welcome, but I'd be thanking you if you sent her here, lol!
wink.png

I'm glad you found a good place for her!

Back
Top Bottom