HELP! Seramas

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Warrprincess688, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Warrprincess688

Warrprincess688 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Danvers MA
    Hi everyone,
    I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about the serama breed, i know the basics. Can anyone tell me if there friendly and personable, I have never seen one in person? If you know anything please me me!

Im looking to see if this breed would be for me, Thanks ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. sunnydalefarms

sunnydalefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
  3. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    Seramas have a tame gentel disposition , ranking with the calmest of any breeds known , standard or bantam both hens and roosters are open to handling . even childeren can readily pet and hold the great majority of seramas this is considered by many owners as a more inportant feature than the small size . and for those with very little space or with close neighbors ,seramas may be the only option for people who would like pet chickens but have not been able to consider them before .

4. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Seramas are generally not thought of as a cold hardy breed, though.

5. bigb-71

bigb-71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    Ceder ridge CA
    They do better than most think in the cold mine are out side all winter with no heat source and it does'nt get that cold around 20 degrees and they even hatch some chicks out last year in the snow you just have to watch them and give them heat if you think they need it .
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by