Help sex my supposed already sexed chickens!

When did they start growing their wattles and combs? Do they both have different shape combs?
yes two different combs. Skitz is on the right she has a cushion comb. Their combs probably started around 8 to 10 weeks and wattles shortly after but around 16 weeks they turned bright red and wattles started getting larger about the same time. This picture was 3 weeks ago both are even more red and skitz has larger wattles now.

8 to 10 weeks is when they started turning pink then about 16 weeks they went red. They had combs before 8 weeks just with no color

Mine started with bright red wattles at about 3 weeks! And at 9 weeks there's only a tiny bit of comb started but the comb and face have been red since very early on! I also noticed today that there were some pretty green tail feathers on this one! Do any of your dark hens have greenish tint tail feathers?

No my slw don't have any green. I have noticed my hatchery grade cuckoo marans have green coming in. One also has yellow legs instead of the gray color. It may be a roo but from the pics it looks like a pullet. You will know in a few weeks.

I'm still holding out hope because at 10weeks theres only that tiny comb started and the wattles haven't grown. I was dead set on no roosters to spare the neighbors, so two weeks ago i picked up another chicken to replace this SLW if it indeed turned out to be a rooster. and then, the new chicken (at 6 weeks) started crowing!!! and there is now a bright red comb on his head that wasn't there when i picked it up two weeks ago! But this rooster follows me around the yard and sits in my lap and flys in the house every chance he gets! SO looks like we're keeping that guy! so now I'm hoping even more that the SLW is a girl!!! thank you for all the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom