Help Sexing EEs

Dephora

Songster
Apr 30, 2020
Southern Oregon
Hello all,
I have 6 chicks I got deep into COVID19, my local feed store was afraid chickens might carry the virus so they didn't want them in the store, they were giving them away as they came in, the staff said these were pullet chicks but I think they may have been straight run. Still, free chickens. The are around 8-9 weeks now. Maybe even 10 weeks, Quarantine has made time strange.

2 I know are girls. But the other 4 I just don't know, I am not good at sexing EEs. I will only be keeping 1 rooster so I want to make arrangements before I get to the point everyone is fighting.

IMG_6139.JPG

This is one of the females for sure. I would post one of the other but they literally look like the same chicken, so the point is mute.
Guess for the Two: Female

On to the ones I am not sure about

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6137.JPG

This is my smallest chick, when I got them they were half the size of everyone else, still the smallest, for awhile I thought they were a bantam. The crown is throwing me off, a little pink.
Guess: Female

IMG_6144.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

This one has a LOOK. Plus a black beard. TOO cute. No aggression keeps to themselves. Crown seems pretty red though not swollen.
Guess: Male

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6147.JPG

This is my favorite. So gentle and friendly. Plus a real looker. Crown is so red though. The roo I will be keeping.

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6151.JPG

This bird is a coward. Bites my legs from behind and then runs away. Known feather picker on the other chickens. I may be eating this one no matter what. Only likes my husband which is why it still lives. Very red crown. Picks on the chickens but would never right me head on.

What do you all think? Am I right?

Shows what I know about EEs! More eggs will never make me upset. First time with this breed so really have no idea.

Well, EE aren't a breed... their a cross. Keeping that in mind for the future. EE can have muffs and beard, or not... any comb, any leg color, any comb... Hatchery stock usually has green legs and sometimes has beard and muffs along with a pea comb.

This bird is a coward. Bites my legs from behind and then runs away. Known feather picker on the other chickens. I may be eating this one no matter what. Only likes my husband which is why it still lives. Very red crown. Picks on the chickens but would never right me head on.
This?

Back
Top Bottom