Help sexing guineas

Fiona394

Chirping
Mar 27, 2017
Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
I have two guinea fowl that I’m trying to sex, I heard that you can sex them from the sounds they make but both of them make both sounds. Their wattles and helmets are both the same size so ts hard to tell.

Hens will make a two syllable 'buck wheat' call and a harsh rapid, staticy call. Males do not use the two syllable call. Do a google search on guinea fowl vocalizations.

Hens will make a two syllable 'buck wheat' call and a harsh rapid, staticy call. Males do not use the two syllable call. Do a google search on guinea fowl vocalizations.
Both of them usually make the two syllable call when they are happy and when something scares them they make a loud ear piercing squawk sound

once you get to know your birds, it becomes hardless to sex them apart, even if one is at the base of the hidden corner. its never hard to tell a face of a rooster to a chicken hen. or the the face the of the princess to a king. to tell the sex apart i look the face of the bird, a female is always different to a male in many ways, in some people it seems like a long practical to do or a matric examination paper.

the shape of the female's body has its own identification. the eyes, the ovally-like face. the body of a hen usually hang low to the ground like a female chicken. the beak of the male tend to be bold and more uprise same as that of a rooster. check the back or hump like at the top of the tail of the male. the females are usually flat from the back of the neck to the tip tail, while males are humpy at the back lower, same as in roosters, roosters have a thick mascular from the hard back of spin feathers to the thigh. but then i hate to mass your minds off. the easy way for you to tell the male from cock is just by listening to the sound they make

Back
Top Bottom