Help sexing silkies

They probably are too young to say, but my guess (which due to the age is barely better than just guessing so not accurate) the lighter one might be a cockerel and the darker one a pullet but you should post pictures when they are older

I'm kind of new to having chickens as we recently moved to a farm. I was wondering if you know the best rooster to hen ratio ? I've heard if you have too many roosters they will fight more.

I'm kind of new to having chickens as we recently moved to a farm. I was wondering if you know the best rooster to hen ratio ? I've heard if you have too many roosters they will fight more.
I don't have roosters as I live in a city but I've heard one rooster for every 3-5 hens is a good ratio

I read your profile and saw you had a light brahma. I have some of those too. Do you have any pictures of the brahma next to the silkies?

20200212_173847.jpg
20200304_173913.jpg
I read your profile and saw you had a light brahma. I have some of those too. Do you have any pictures of the brahma next to the silkies?
Here are some pictures I have, all of them are full grown but it's important to note my light brahma is a fairly bad quality hatchery chicken and is a bit smaller than how big light brahma hens are supposed to be, the silkies stay quite small

Back
Top Bottom