HELP! She is all fluffed and I don't know why???

Quote:
sonew123, if so, how so I treat her???
Just wait till it pass??

I have 1 hen that gets it all the time! I isolate her in a tote and make her a nice warm bowl of scrambeled eggs with tons of olive oil-the eggs are great for them and the oil acts as a helper to help whatever may be stuck slide down faster-it can't hurt to try-It usuallt takes a few days to correct itself. The short chubby neck is it hard? or is it bloaty airy feeling? They can drink but not much will stay down same with food-something is blocking it from digestion--I dont know if this is what it is but like I said it wont hurt to try-1 egg should suffice-I smother the egg with olive oil so with every bite there's a good blob of oil on it too...

I also try and massage it lightly-to loosen up what might be stuck before eating-otherwise you'll make her puke-
sickbyc.gif

I don't want to wake her up now. She finally sleeping.
Had hard time to settle down herself.
I will cook eggs for her tomorrow morning.
Cocci or not, egg is good for her, right.

***UPDATE***

She is still fluffy today
sad.png

Seems like she is not drinking or eating, but her crop is seems full and hard.
I see a few poops in there but all dry and looks old. I guess that's last night ones and she didn't go today.

I gave her yogurt but she had a few peck and not eating.
I'm going to make scrambled egg now....
Then after 9am, I will call store for Corid.

Punkinpeep,

So you think she is not having cocci??? Oh I hope....
But she is still stay in separate cage, right???

get some oilve oil down her throat--make her drink some-drizzle on her beak a few drops is better than none and massage her crop lightly-up and down to move what is logged and not moving-now because it sounds full -its is probably starting to rot in there-do not be surprised if she upchucks a tad and it smells BAD! bleah-seriously massage her crop-not throat from the bottom of the bulk mass

I was massaging her crop.
And she pooped.

Looks like long grass in it....
She had a bit of scrambled egg with olive oil.
I'm going to give her olive oil and massage more...

Back
Top Bottom