HELP SICK CHICK...

My baby actually drank water on own, doing much better. What can I do to keep it warm at night until I get a lamp? It get's down to low-mid 70's.

feeling better...Tanya

Okay, I've got a heat lamp now I need to know how many watts is it suppose to be and how close to the cage I need to hang it.

still learning...Tanya

I got to woundering about the extremely long legs of my chick and the whole woundering around lonely in my backyard (I'm in the middle of 15acres) so I looked up pictures of wild turkey chicks and I believe that may be what I've got.

who knows what's going on...Tanya

Anyone know anything about caring for a wild turkey chick? It's probably only a few days old.

not a chicken after all...Tanya

if a turkey will need a higher protein ... if you cant find appropriate chick starter for turkeys you can supplement by getting some mealworms from the bait shop or pet store (do not use "wild" worms from your yard as these will cause worms often)

McMurray Hatchery has some pretty good info on starting baby turkeys.. The amt of protein you need etc... I have a Royal Palm turkey that was my mothers day present.. hes loud but cute none the less..

chick.jpg

here's my find... cute huh?

Back
Top Bottom