HELP! Sick duck!

Jlw0903

Songster
Jul 2, 2019
Please offer your experience. One of my girls is not doing so hot. She has been very slow moving lately and a little stand-offish. I didnt think.much of it because she is the slowest and fattest of the lot but just now after giving them all peas, i saw her throw up water and the peas. She has been laying eggs regularly. What could it be or what should i do?

Edit: took her inside for a warm bath. She did not vomit again. - the vomit before was just water and peas.
Symptoms observed - lethargy/sluggidness. Lots of tail wagging/pumping. Does poop but either very green (because of peas maybe?) And latest one observed was pure water.

She is drinking. And will eat treats if offered.

No signs of eye or nose discarge or obvious injury or bumble.
Neck feels normal.
She did NOT lay this morning but did yesterday i believe.
She is very quiet. No quacks, perps or anything.

Last edited:
Unfortunately she didn't make it. I took her to the vet the next day and they were keeping her there. They called me later that evening to say she passed.

They think it was some GI thing. We think overal she had a bad immune system.too since she had that fungal infection last year, seems to get little colds in the winter and and none of my ofhers have ever gotten sick. We miss her so much and may never know what actually happened since i wasnt going to do an autopsy. But the others are fine so it was just something she had. It hit so fast and there was nothing i think that could have been done by that point.

Unfortunately she didn't make it. I took her to the vet the next day and they were keeping her there. They called me later that evening to say she passed.

They think it was some GI thing. We think overal she had a bad immune system.too since she had that fungal infection last year, seems to get little colds in the winter and and none of my ofhers have ever gotten sick. We miss her so much and may never know what actually happened since i wasnt going to do an autopsy. But the others are fine so it was just something she had. It hit so fast and there was nothing i think that could have been done by that point.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That's truly awful. You did everything you could for her and it sounds like you gave her a happy, loving life.
I'm glad the rest of your ducks are still going strong and that it wasn't something that spread. If nothing else at least there is that.

Back
Top Bottom