help sick pullet...need advice!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Queen Scoot, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i have an almost 6 month old polish pullet. this morning when i let them all out to the run she wouldnt eat just sat huddlded with her head under her wing....i have since removed her from the rest and have her in a cage...any suggestions? as i know she isnt eating and drinking very little! thank you all.

2. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    ANYONE???

3. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Any other symptoms you have noticed?

4. Queen Scoot

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    none so far...just no food interest

5. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    You may have to force feed her so she can gain some energy. Also give her water or apple juice to get some suger in her. You can buy vitamins and medicine. Just keep her warm and dry. GOOD LUCK keep me posted:)

6. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    get an eye dropper and try to feed her with that. or a childrens medicine dropper. see if she will eat some apple sauce or yogurt out of it. and definitely give her some avia charge mixed in some water. when i got my 'rescue' sex link she was so weak she didnt even want to eat. thats what I did to help her gain strength...hope this helps!

7. mypicklebird

mypicklebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Sonoma Co, CA
    Have you examined her?
    Check for lice, check for wounds, check to see that she can see (is her pom pom so big that she cannot find her way around), is she skinny, does she have diarrhea, does she have a huge crop, does she have puffy eyes or runny nose, does her vent look normal ect

Keep her in a warm and quiet place with free access to her food and water, offer extra tasty things.

More information would be helpful- what do you feed them? Is she laying yet? Can she walk, can she hold her head up?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by