HELP silkie hatching

Theeggladyox

Hatching
Apr 26, 2024
Hi all, I've got a silkie chick that pipped this morning (10am uk time, now 7pm) day 19, no progress has been made which I know is normal as it can take over 24 hours but chick is just poking beak through the hole and repeatedly opening and closing its beak, is this normal?
Last hatch I had a couple die after pipping so I just want to be extra cautious 😬

Yes, this is normal. I have one that's been like that since last night but now it's zipping. That was on Day 19. Today more are hatching and it's Day 20.

Some silkies will just pop out of their shells and others take an entire day.

I wish you a great hatch!!

Oh, and you do have the humidity up to around 70% since lockdown? I know it gets higher when they hatch...it'll go down though.

Yes, this is normal. I have one that's been like that since last night but now it's zipping. That was on Day 19. Today more are hatching and it's Day 20.

Some silkies will just pop out of their shells and others take an entire day.

I wish you a great hatch!!

Oh, and you do have the humidity up to around 70% since lockdown? I know it gets higher when they hatch...it'll go down though.
Thank you so much for your reassurance :) I think I just worried after my last hatch (mainly due to the incubator having a few faults!) But just wanted to do my best this time with a new incubator :)
Yes the humidity has been up since lockdown on day 18

Back
Top Bottom