Help! Silkies gone crazy!

Cool_Catrules456

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
FL. U.S.A
One silkie chick was killed and eaten! And this chick is badly hurt! What do I do. There are four silkie chicks. Now three. I have some anti bacterial spray, but I dont know if it’s safe for chicks. Here is the chick and the injury.
image.jpg
Here is the undamaged side.
image.jpg
Incase you can’t tell the eye is crested over. He keeps calling to the other two. But one of them had to have done this. The problem is I can’t tell who! And I can’t leave this one alone! Help!

The antibacterial spray should be fine, but you could also use warm salty water and a cotton bud to clean the eye. Some sugar water and some scrambled egg also might help perk the little one up. In order to see which chick it was that hurt the little one maybe put 1 chick with this one and watch it, than swap and do the other?

The antibacterial spray should be fine, but you could also use warm salty water and a cotton bud to clean the eye. Some sugar water and some scrambled egg also might help perk the little one up. In order to see which chick it was that hurt the little one maybe put 1 chick with this one and watch it, than swap and do the other?
Tried it. All seems to be fine now that the other is dead… I dont know though. I will try again before making a decision

This one is clingler than normal to the black silkie chick. So probably no harm done from the black one, the other partridge is ignoring them. So must have been the now dead white silkie? Could the black one have saved this one’s life?

This one is clingler than normal to the black silkie chick. So probably no harm done from the black one, the other partridge is ignoring them. So must have been the now dead white silkie? Could the black one have saved this one’s life?
It could have, iv found that chicks have a friend that they always hang out with, I had a 3-day oldAraucana chick that protected a day-old silkie chick from its siblings.
e.g only 1 chick hatched in a clutch I was incubating so I went and bought 3 Araucana friends for it, 2 ignored it but the other one bonded with it right away, unfortunately, it passed away, and the chick's friend screamed for it for 2-3 days straight. I went looking again and found some more chicks After I bought them I found out they were 2-3 week-old exchequer leghorns, not the 6-days old I was told they were. somehow the lonely chick bonded with the other lot and now there almost fully grown and still hang out together.

It could have, iv found that chicks have a friend that they always hang out with, I had a 3-day oldAraucana chick that protected a day-old silkie chick from its siblings.
e.g only 1 chick hatched in a clutch I was incubating so I went and bought 3 Araucana friends for it, 2 ignored it but the other one bonded with it right away, unfortunately, it passed away, and the chick's friend screamed for it for 2-3 days straight. I went looking again and found some more chicks After I bought them I found out they were 2-3 week-old exchequer leghorns, not the 6-days old I was told they were. somehow the lonely chick bonded with the other lot and now there almost fully grown and still hang out together.
I hate to bring bad news to the happy ending, but the black one was the one who harmed them it seems. After leaving them alone for 5 minutes to see what they would do, the black one was pecking at it’s eye. (Thinking the black one could be trying to get rid of the other males, as he left the other one alone for the most part.) so I removed the black one and everyone seems so much calmer.. so I don’t know what to do with the black one, for now I got him in a tote with a mirror for now. Not getting him any siblings incase he kills them too. The “clinging” was to hide from him, by getting under him.

Back
Top Bottom