HELP!!! Small air cell day 18

My air sacks rapidly advanced during lockdown...i will not worry in the future about them...I dont think it is a good idea to drop the humidity the last 3 days to try to enlarge the air cell at that point...

well that's good to know. I am on day 18 today and 6 still have air cells day 7/8 size. Maybe they have a chance then. However, that most likely means two of my ones that have LARGE cells will probably not make it if their's get any bigger, I swear they are like at 20% loss now.
sad.png

well that's good to know. I am on day 18 today and 6 still have air cells day 7/8 size. Maybe they have a chance then. However, that most likely means two of my ones that have LARGE cells will probably not make it if their's get any bigger, I swear they are like at 20% loss now.
sad.png

We should have peeps now...This is my hatch from the week...22 out of 35 eggs 1 died...so 21 bundles of Joy. I need to make sure to keep my humidity up...I read that some people do dry hatches or allow the humidity to drop to ensure the eggs lose weight and develop air sacs...but my membranes are still to dry and many had to be helped out of the shell...

Last edited:
well that's good to know. I am on day 18 today and 6 still have air cells day 7/8 size. Maybe they have a chance then. However, that most likely means two of my ones that have LARGE cells will probably not make it if their's get any bigger, I swear they are like at 20% loss now. :(  

What happened with this hatch? I'm imterested as my air cells are also small. Going to lockdown on Wednesday

What happened with this hatch? I'm imterested as my air cells are also small. Going to lockdown on Wednesday
Hello. Out of the 6 with small air cells on lock down, only one of those hatched :(

However, I did luck out and the two with super huge air cells and about 20% weight loss did hatch.

Hello. Out of the 6 with small air cells on lock down, only one of those hatched :( 

However, I did luck out and the two with super huge air cells and about 20% weight loss did hatch. 

Did you raise humidity at lockdown or did you wait until day 19? Some of mine are better than others but some I just don't feel are large enough.
Here was a pic at day 14. Is this what you're looked like? These are 3 different eggs

Last edited:
Did you raise humidity at lockdown or did you wait until day 19? Some of mine are better than others but some I just don't feel are large enough.
Here was a pic at day 14. Is this what you're looked like? These are 3 different eggs

Yours look a little better than mine did. My eggs were XL and their cells looked the size of yours. I held off on lock down until day 19 and only bumped the humidity up to 50. After they started hatching of course there were spikes up to 80, so that could be what prevented the others from hatching.

Yours look a little better than mine did. My eggs were XL and their cells looked the size of yours. I held off on lock down until day 19 and only bumped the humidity up to 50. After they started hatching of course there were spikes up to 80, so that could be what prevented the others from hatching. 

My humidity has remained at 50 for 3/4 of the hatch. The very beginning it was too high. This is my first hatch. I'm wondering how high or not to put the humidity for 19-21. I haven't added water, just live in a humid climate

My humidity has remained at 50 for 3/4 of the hatch. The very beginning it was too high. This is my first hatch. I'm wondering how high or not to put the humidity for 19-21. I haven't added water, just live in a humid climate
I probably wouldn't add any but I am fairly new to all this. Recommended is 55-65 but I would be concerned about small cells and bumping it up any more than where you are now. I do think the natural rise in humidity during hatch is what could have caused a few of my small air cell babies to drown :(

I have read about placing them in egg cartons with the bottoms cut off so they eggs sit more upright in hopes to prevent drowning during pip. IDK if it works or not but you can do a search on here I am sure and find some info about it.

I probably wouldn't add any but I am fairly new to all this. Recommended is 55-65 but I would be concerned about small cells and bumping it up any more than where you are now. I do think the natural rise in humidity during hatch is what could have caused a few of my small air cell babies to drown :(

I have read about placing them in egg cartons with the bottoms cut off so they eggs sit more upright in hopes to prevent drowning during pip. IDK if it works or not but you can do a search on here I am sure and find some info about it. 

Thank you :) I will read more on here today. I'm new too this is my first hatch

Back
Top Bottom