Help???? Sneezing chicks

miraclz5

Songster
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
We are new to chickens....our oldest chicks are almost 3 months old. We have younger chicks, 3 that are about 6 1/2 weeks old and 9 that are about 4 1/2 weeks old. With our older chicks, we have noticed a sneeze or two here and there...and I have read that that is normal in chickens and not to worry. In the past day, I have noticed some of our younger chicks sneezing and little more noticeably...we have had a lot of pollen here...can this bother chicks? Our chicks don't seem to have any other symptoms...they seem to be eating, drinking, pooping and doing other chick stuff. I have looked at disease charts and other posts....but just wanted to see what other people thought.

I have had this same thing happen on three separate occassions. Sneezing and soundy 'stuffy' but no other symptoms. Mine have all gotten well again after 3 days. No other treatment besides Apple Cider Vinegar in their water. 1 Tablespoon/gallon. I also made sure that they were warm and draft free. Plus I cleaned their bedding every other day just to make sure nothing was in there that was causing problems. All of mine never showed any other symptoms and were fine after 3 days. No more sneezing and no lingering affects. Hope this helps to keep you from worrying too much. It was almost as if they had a little cold or allergy symptoms and then they just disappeared. However, if yours would start with other symptoms, I would follow some of the respiratory illness advice that is found on this website.

Good luck with your babies and I hope they get better soon!

Back
Top Bottom